Every woman’s life is filled with surprises and challenges. But the happiest moment that a woman can experience in her life is discovering that she is pregnant. From this moment on, a woman will begin to think about the growth and future of her baby. Being pregnant is a miraculous event in every woman’s life. Just seeing how a baby emerges in the womb from a single cell is already a miracle. The episode of pregnancy condition for mothers as well as to the baby is very interesting especially for first-time moms. Mothers do not only notice and experience changes in their body but they also feel the excitement on how their baby grow in their womb. Read this article and get to know more about the pregnancy condition week by week.
The Episode of Pregnancy Week by Week
The first trimester of pregnancy condition consists of 1-12 weeks. This stage is very critical, hence pregnant women need extra care to make her body prepared for the development of the baby inside her womb. From this stage, a woman is required to have a pregnancy development calendar where she could records details of changes, weeks, and progress of her pregnancy. The most common symptoms during this sage include constipation, heartburn, dizziness, fatigue, missed period, nausea, breast tenderness, frequent urination, metallic taste, increased in body’s temperature, and sleep disturbances.
The second trimester of pregnancy condition consists of week 13 to 26. During this stage, the symptoms from the first trimester will start to decrease but various physical changes in the body will happen such as discomfort or ache in the abdomen, enlargement of the breast, and further growth. As the symptoms decrease, women will also feel healthy. Once pregnancy reaches week 13, chances of miscarriage already decrease.
Below is the complete list of symptoms and changes during week 14-26 of pregnancy:
- Week 14 & 15 – increased constipation, indigestion, frequent urination, heartburn, headache, stretch marks and dark lines on the abdomen. Itching of the abdomen or stretch marks is also experienced.
- Week 16 – fetal movement, increased in blood volume in the body, round ligament pain
- Week 17 – morning sickness, increase in weight and body secretions due to fat development of the baby
- Week 18 – fetal movements will be more obvious due to appearance of bubbly movements (across the belly) from the tiny feet, knees, and elbows of the baby
- Week 19 – heartburn, pregnancy mask, dry, itchy & flaky skin due to hormonal changes
- Week 20 – more prominent stretch marks around the belly, and sometimes feeling of breathless because baby starts to shift down to the pelvis
- Week 21 – belly increases in size; hormonal levels become stabilized as the uterus begins to prepare for delivery in the coming weeks; increase of water content that may result to swollen ankles and feet
- Week 22 – belly size is more prominent, steady weight gain, lower back pain
- Week 23 – mood swings, movement of the baby increase in frequency and becomes more prominent
- Week 24 – tightening of the uterus, more awareness on the baby’s movement inside
- Week 25 – leg cramps, being bloated
- Week 26 – increased pain and pressure in the pelvic region, ribs, and lower back; frequent skin eruptions and vaginal discharge
The third/last trimester of pregnancy condition consists of week 27-40. Here is a list of symptoms/changes that you will experience as the baby grows inside the womb:
- Hip pain due to continuous weight gain of the baby and relaxing of joints (by pregnancy hormones) in the pelvic region
- Increase in blood circulation that cause spider veins and small reddish spots
- More pressure in the bladder region and frequent urination
- Feeling of breathlessness due to expansion of uterus beneath the diaphragm and pressure of the lungs.
- Swelling of the feet and ankles; numbness and tingling of the legs and hands.
- Braxton Hicks contractions are experienced. These help warm-up the signs of real labor pains.